Personify, a nationally recognized and acclaimed talent acquisition firm, is looking for a Software Engineer to design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot software programs for Oracle database and application tools. This position will work directly with business leaders, business users, and IT teammates to plan, define, design, develop, test, implement and support primarily Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) data preparation, data modelling, dashboard, and report activities. This will be in support of a variety of groups across Personify, including but not limited to, Marketing, Recruitment, Customer Account Support, Financial, Performance, and Workforce Planning.
Work is non-routine and complex, involving application of advanced technical/business skills, preferably in recruitment analytics, CRM, and/or performance management. Must be an independent self-starter with the ability to quickly form relationships and solve complex issues.
Your Day to Day:
- Participation in all phases of the Systems Development Lifecycle including planning, requirements, current state analysis, solution design, estimating, construction, testing, training, implementing, and ongoing support and improvement.
- Perform root cause analysis for database and application issues and develop permanent code fixes / tuning / configurations.
- Customize and configure dashboards and reports
- Develop Oracle SQL performance tuning by implementing views, materialized views, and creation of indexes.
- Design and develop interfaces to load the data into Oracle database from multiple sources such as external relational databases, and flat files.
- Gather, document, clarify, and validate business requirements, conferring with others on the project team.
- Clarify and document current-state, future-state, and the gap that exists between the two states.
- Lead small-sized projects.
- Build performance metrics and KPIs to quantify and monitor performance and help strengthen data-driven decision-making.
- Manage and maintain Personify databases and servers in Oracle OCI environment.
- Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Conduct periodic audits of data to ensure quality, completeness, and accuracy.
- Ensure all service requests for new and/or modifications to metrics and data are handled efficiently and effectively, meeting operational service levels.
- Protect database by developing security system, specifying user level of access.
- Maintain various reporting requirements to support business needs for all business systems.
- Maintain current technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in technical societies or professional organizations.
- Work with Oracle Technical Support to fix system issues.
- Benchmark and communicate “Best Practices” within the organization.
- Create training presentations on all business systems to ensure proper utilization by all end users.
- Ensure data integrity of Personify’s Oracle system.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years database management and data maintenance
- Experience with requirements analysis, analytical reporting, and problem solving
- Extensive expertise in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL programming with integrations among multiple systems
- Experience with Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) data modeling, published reporting, data visualization, and data flows a plus.
- Oracle APEX application development a plus
- Ability to analyze and fine-tune complex long-running queries
- Experience with data warehouse star schema design
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a productive and positive manner by bringing the appropriate stakeholders together to gain clarity and consensus for next steps.
- Experience with API interface design and coding a plus
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of ETL design and operation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to build relationships
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- 1+ years of experience developing with an agile methodology a plus
- Experience with recruitment applicant tracking systems or similar databases a plus
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related areas is preferred.
Year One Success Factors
- Expertise in Oracle Cloud products and understanding of industry landscape.
- Demonstrated technical credibility.
- Demonstrated execution of requirements to successful implementation
- Consistent drive for high standards to accomplish established goals. Driven to over-achieve.
- Development of strong relationships within the organization across areas of support: Personify Delivery, Marketing, Quality, Workforce Planning, and Organization Performance.
- Ability to work independently and leverage resources to execute quickly and efficiently.
- Capacity to embrace changes, adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple development tasks and assignments simultaneously.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.